Date: Saturday, 16 July 2011
Time: 20:00 CET
Admission: Free admission! Donations are welcome tho
Number of songs: 27
Location: Grand lecture hall of the University of Duisburg-Essen
Promotional Media: Download the promotional poster at the official homepage of the Universitätschor Essen
The Universitätschor Essen presents, accompanied by a combo (piano, bass, drum kit) a cross section of highlights of movie scores. It begins with music from Jerry Cotton and James Bond movies, followed by a Walt Disney Medley. Furthermore you´ll hear music by Ennio Morricone, plus from the movies “Pearl Harbour”, “Sister Act” and “Titanic”. After songs from the wonderful musical films “As It Is in Heaven” (Swedish: Så som i himmelen) and “The Chorus” (French: Les choristes), the chorus takes a bow towards John Williams, the most successful film composer alive with music from “Empire of the Sun”, “Amistad”, “Schindler’s List”, “Star Wars” and “Harry Potter”.
- Jerry Cotton – March
- The Best Of Bond
- Dr. No
- You Only Live Twice
- For Your Eyes Only
- Diamonds Are Forever
- Gabriel´s Oboe
- Lion King – Circle Of Life
- High School Musical – We’re All In This Together
- Beauty And The Beast – Tale As Old As Time
- Lion King – Can You Feel The Love Tonight
- Tarzan – You’ll Be In My Heart
- Mary Poppins – Step In Time
- Beauty And The Beast – Be Our Guest
- Augie´s Great Municipal Band
- Duel Of The Fates
Sample videos – notes
- The playlist is available on YouTube
- The quality of those sample performances vary.
- Some of the videos may not be played within this website. If that happens, follow the link to the YouTube video instead or continue with another video within the playlist.
- Use the arrow keys to skip forward or backward to another video.