I´m an active singer in the chorus of the university Duisburg-Essen since winter term 2009/2010. The homepage of my chorus itself is found here: “Universitätschor Essen”.
Some press reviews, music samples of past and future concerts will be posted here.
the next concert: 25th anniversary of the university chorus Essen “Very British – A Proms’ Night”
The university chorus Essen betakes themself for this remarkable anniversary in English regions and will combine the joy of singing and festivities of a classical concert according to original “Last Night Of The Proms”.
This worldwide known closing concert of the traditional summer concert set of the promenade series which takes place in the Royal Albert Hall in London, offers affordable tickets and casual atmosphere (no dress code) approaches the audience, which is usually not interested in classical music.
You are very welcome to celebrate together with us, along with the music club Unna, the university orchestra Duisburg-Essen in three concerts. Either in the theatre Duisburg, the philharmonics Essen and in the town hall Unna. We are going to present you selected “very British” compositions from popular classical music, e.g. Bob Chilcott, Charles Hubert Parry, Edward Elgar and Howard Goodall, but also international known compositions for chorus and orchestra such as “Choral Fantasy Op. 80 (Chorfantasie Op. 80)” by Ludwig van Beethoven.
- Interviewed about the university chorus! (25th anniversary)
- 25th anniversary of the university chorus Essen – concert 2/3
- 25th anniversary of the university chorus Essen – concert 1/3
- Best of “Unichor Goes To The Movies” as part of Hauskonzert 2011
- Unichor Goes To The Movies – Highlights Of Movie Scores
- Recap of the past concerts
- first united rehearsal of the “Bäng Bäng Orchester” with the “Universitätschor Essen”
- second concert – tickets available
- first concert – sold out
- university chorus program for the term: winter 2010/2011